Designed for the intermediate hole-tolerance area of H9-H10, the CoroDrill® 870 exchangeable-tip drill saves time and reduces your cost per hole.
CoroDrill 870 can be tailored to optimize applications through diameter range, step and length possibilities. Holes can be made more efficiently and closer to the specifications required, leaving them better suited to subsequent operations.
The interface between tip and drill is simple, accurate and stable. Optimized drill flutes facilitate chip evacuation and with tip changing possible while the tool is still in the tool holder, you do not lose valuable cutting time. The new cutting edge geometries and grades provide a safe cutting process with optimized chip control, high penetration rates, and a long dependable tool life.
- Reliable and secure process
- Easy handling and secure tip changing
- Optimized chip control and evacuation
- Long, predictable tool life and high productivity
- Low cost-per-hole and excellent hole quality
- Secure, high-precision interface between drill body and tip for extra stability
- Tip changing possible while tool is in the machine to reduce downtime
- Drill flutes with optimized shape, size and helix angle optimize safe chip evacuation and overall tool stability
- Rigid drill body for high penetration rates and excellent hole quality
Internal coolant for all drills
- Tailor Made 45-degree chamfer drill for producing chamfered holes in one operation is available.
–PM geometry and GC4234 for steel, –KM geometry and GC3234 for cast iron and –MM geometry and GC2234 for stainless steel
- Geometries for high process security, good chip control, high penetration rates, and premium hole quality
- –KM geometry with chamfered corners for optimized hole quality at exit and increased tool life in cast iron
- Grades with predictable wear as well as long and reliable tool life at high productivity rates
–GP 4234 pilot geometry
- To make a pilot hole prior to drilling with 6 × diameter drills or longer
- Enables a smooth and secure entry into the pilot hole for the long drill
- Hole tolerance: H9-H10
- Hole diameter range: 10.00 to 33.00 mm (0.394-1.299 inch)
- Hole depths: up to 10 × drill diameter
- Typical hole types: pre-holes for taps and bolt holes
ISO application area