The tap adaptors are designed for tapping operations in machines equipped with automatic tool changing. A tension and compression design compensates for differences between spindle feed and thread pitch.
Tap holder with tap adaptor
Two styles are available:
- Positive drive tap holder, style SE
- Torque controlled tap holders, style SES.
Both with drive on tap square.
Style SES has a pre-set safety clutch that will slip when tapping torque exceeds
Adaptors for left-hand threads are available on request.
Even micro differences between calculated feed and actual pitch of the tap can
lead to extremely high thrust forces on the tap flanges and an increase in cutting pressure.
The synchronized tap adaptor 391.62 / 391.63 is based on a micro compensator, which compensates for radial and axial deviations.
With this tap adaptor, thrust forces are reduced on the tap flanks, which results in better surface quality and longer tool life.
1. Locate collet size for tap diameter.
2. Use two open end wrenches to tighten the nut.
3. Tighten the nut with a torque wrenches to recommended value:
ER11: 16 Nm
ER20: 32 Nm
ER25: 108 Nm
ER40: 170 Nm