CoroMill® 600 is a modern innovative milling cutter – a completely new design based on our unique iLock™ insert clamping solution.
Developed for roughing and semi-finishing of turbine blades for power generation, this round-insert cutter enables a new approach to meet the challenges of blade machining.
Video not supported in Internet Explorer 8 or older.
- Improved tool life and increased productivity in blade milling applications
- Easy and accurate insert indexing (possible with gloves) – no need to remove screw to index the insert
- Able to run at higher cutting speeds without vibration
- Cutter design enables ramping
- Insert geometry minimizes heat in the cutting zone and reduces power consumption
- Innovative insert seat design with patented iLock system
- Optimized cutter body design with enhanced clearance for blade machining conditions
- Differential pitch in cutter body
- New-developed CVD grade, for machining in ferrite-martensitic materials, that can withstand high heat and thermal cracks propagation
- Innovative insert geometry generates light cutting action
- Through coolant
- Pre-threaded coolant holes for optional use of advanced cooling technology
- Blade machining for power generation components
- Profile roughing and semi-finishing operations
ISO application area