Bending stiffness and torque transmission are the most important factors when choosing a tool holder for boring operations. For best stability and hole quality use the Coromant Capto coupling, CoroGrip or HydroGrip holding tools.
The Coromant Capto coupling is the only modular tooling system designed for all metal cutting operations, including all hole making methods. The same cutting tools and adapters can be used in different applications and machines. This makes it possible to standardize on one tooling system for the entire workshop.
Minimal runout is the most important factor when choosing a holder for reaming operations. HydroGrip and CoroGrip precision chucks are suitable for Reamer 830.
- Choose shortest possible adapter
- Choose strongest possible adapter
- If reductions are needed, use tapered version if possible
- For long overhangs (>4 x D5m), use damped adapters
- For long overhangs, ensure rigid clamping with flange contact to spindle if possible
- Maximum recommended runout for reamers is 5 microns.