Coromant Capto® is a modular quick change tooling concept offering three systems in one:
Quick change tool holders for turning centers reduce set-up and tool change time, leading to significantly increased machine utilization
Coromant Capto directly integrated in the spindle increases stability and versatility in e.g. multi-task machines, machining centers with turning capability and vertical lathes
Coromant Capto as a modular system for machining centers offers a large variety of extension- and reduction adapters, enabling assembling of tools with different lengths and design characteristics regardless of the machine interface (SK, HSK, Big Plus). The modularity function means less need for expensive special tools with long delivery times
The same tools can thus be used in the entire workshop, providing unique flexibility, optimal rigidity and minimized tool inventory.
- Flexible with extensive modularity
- High basic stability and accuracy
- Minimized tool inventory
- Reduced set-up time
- High torque transmission
- High bending strength
- Quick-change and automated tool change
- Advanced nozzle technology for process security even at low pressures
- Through-tool delivery of high pressure coolant, from machine to cutting edge
- Balanced and concentric
Coromant Capto works in all machine types:
- Turning centers–quick-change and high pressure coolant delivery.
- Multi-task machines and machining centers–rotating spindle interface and modular tooling.
- Available in six sizes, there is a flexible Coromant Capto solution for every need: C3-C10, Diameter. 32, 40, 50, 63, 80, and 100.
In situations like these, our customers have found Coromant Capto particularly supportive
- When changing production and different component sizes leading to varying gauge lengths.
- When having small to medium batch production in turning centers
- For multi-functional machines with both turning and rotating tools
- When tooling is required for a variety of machines with different taper size or designs. One system for a variety of operations on lathes and machining centers is sufficient.
- When component complexity demands a high number of engineered tools.
- When there is a need to reduce tool inventory
Quick change clamping units will optimize your machine utilization by reducing both set-up time and tool change time significantly.
Most machine tool makers can offer the Coromant Capto system integrated in their machines. Log in to our Coromant Capto Extranet for more detailed information and drawings.
For access to this information, please contact your nearest Sandvik Coromant sales office for a username and password.