An innovative indexable insert cutter for productive gear wheel machining.
CoroMill® 176 is a more cost-efficient alternative to regrindable HSS (high speed steel) tools and is designed for gears in the module range 4 to 10. Its ability to reach higher cutting speeds combined with user-friendly insert changing will reduce cycle times, making it the high productivity gear milling choice.
Video not supported in Internet Explorer 8 or older.
Reduced total cost per gear wheel compared to HSS tools
High cutting speeds
Longer tool life, reduced downtime
Easy and repeatable tool indexing and handling
No additional regrinding or recoating costs
- Quality class B in accordance with DIN 3968
- High number of effective teeth reduces machining time per gear wheel
- iLock insert interface for added precision and high tolerances
- User-friendly insert indexing procedure
- Gears for industrial transmissions, heavy vehicles, wind power
- Roughing, semi-finishing, finishing
- Gear profiles according to DIN 3972-2
- Module range: 4–10
- Hobbing machines, multi-task machines, 5-axis machines
ISO application area
Module (diametral pitch)