A range of thermal and mechanical properties makes milling bi-metal materials challenging. Current bi-metal milling cutters are complex and require adjusting, resulting in low feed rates. In addition, these cutters often cause chipping on the grey cast iron (GCI) parts of products.
M610 is a stand alone product for finishing milling of bi-metal materials (aluminium and GCI). It requires no set up and no adjustment, and results in high feed rates with no chipping, burring or scratching on the parts.
Features and benefits
- Uses CBN inserts without the need for adjustment
- Machines bi-metal (Al + GCI) parts without burrs, scratches, or chipping
- No adjustment needed
- High feed rate
- Only one spare part (insert screw)
- Bi-metal engine deck face in engine blocks with GCI liners
- Bed plates (insert in GCI)
- Other automotive bi-metal parts with inserts in GCI
Download of ordering codes including spare parts
Download of M610 folder