CBN insert with integral chip breaker – increase productivity with a single cut strategy
This CBN insert is for hard-to-soft rough machining of automotive components such as gears, crown wheels, shafts and all case-hardened components where the hardened layer needs to be removed. Using a single cut strategy, it eliminates the need for multiple cuts, resulting in higher productivity.
The long tip length means that a depth of cut of up to 2 mm (0.079 inch) can be achieved in a single cut. The CBN insert guarantees short chips, ensuring good chip breakage and chip control. This reduces the number of machining interruptions due to chip congestion.
Features and benefits
- Performs hard-to-soft machining of case-hardened transmission components using one cut strategy
- Good chip breakage and chip control
- Reduces machining interruptions due to chip congestion
- Maximum depth of cut 2 mm (0.079 inch)
- Chip breaker geometry is aligned parallel to the cutting edge
- CBN insert tip length of 3.5 mm (0.138 inch)
- Available in four different variants
- Case-hardened steel components
- Hard-to-soft machining where the hardened layer needs to be removed
- Maximum depth of cut of 1.5 - 2 mm (0.059 - 0.079 inch)
- Gears, crown wheels, shafts
Download ordering codes - CBN insert with integral chip breaker