A valve regulates, directs or controls the flow of fluids or gases by opening, closing, or partially obstructing various passageways.
Valves are widely used in the oil and gas industry for sea floor, land, on- and offshore applications. Valves are made in various sizes and materials.
Facts and component characteristics
Forged, cast, and solid billets
- Austenitic stainless steel 410, CMC 06.32
- Steel 4130, 4140
- Steel with cladded Inconel 625 inlay
- Solid Inconel 625 and 718
- Super duplex and duplex
- Variety of sizes
- Varied batch production: 1 to ~ 300
- Gate valves are typically pre-forged
- High demands on tolerance
- Typical surface finish demands of Ra=1,6 μm (62.99 μin)