Setting of balance weight
- Unlock locking screw of balance weight setting mechanism.
- Identify selected boring bar.
- Identify selected diameter to be machined.
- Find setting value, see section Mounting dimensions for T-Max U fine boring units .
- Turn setting dial until setting value lines up with datum line.
- Lock locking screw.
Example (see table for setting values below)
Boring bar R429.90-14-040-09-AC
- DC = 18.1 mm
- Balance value = 56
Minimum clamping length
Boring bars with shank diameter 16, 20 and 25 mm (0.63, 0.79 and 0.94 inch) have a scribed circle indicating minimum clamping length (max overhang). Boring bars with shank diameter 12 mm (0.47 inch) (have no scribed circle) are to be mounted as deep into the fine boring head as possible. For mounting and setting of fine boring head, see table for setting values
Min. clamping length
Clamping on sleeve
|||Clamping on bar through hole on sleeve|