Bending stiffness and torque transmissions are the most important factors when choosing a tool holder for boring operations. For best stability and hole quality use Coromant Capto or the Coromant EH system.
Coromant Capto coupling is the only modular tooling system designed for all metal cutting operations, including all hole making methods. The same cutting tools and adaptors can be used in different applications and machines. This makes it possible to standardize on one tooling system for the entire workshop. Remember the following:
- Choose shortest possible adaptor
- Choose strongest possible adaptor
- If reduction is needed, use tapered version if possible
- For long overhangs (>4 x DCON), use dampened adaptors
- For long overhangs, ensure rigid clamping with flange contact to spindle if possible
The Coromant EH system delivers great tooling flexibility – choose from an extensive variety of heads, adaptors and shanks.
- Reduced tool inventory with standardized tools minimizing machine downtime
- For boring operations requiring long reach, as in large machining centres in the diameter range of 1–36 mm (0.039–1.42 inch). Deep pockets is a typical application where the Coromant EH system offers the required reach without limiting process security