How to assemble and disassemble the coolant kit
How to assemble
- Make sure the end of the hose is not damaged (a slight ring mark from earlier assembly is OK). If the end is damaged, use a sharp knife to cut a clean undamaged end.
- Push in the undamaged end of the hose firmly into the bottom of the M6 banjo fitting.
- Assemble the M6 fitting, including the hose, to the QS-HP stop and fit it in the machine and firmly tighten.
- Assemble the machine side hose connection, machine fitting and copper washer in the machine and firmly tighten.
- Measure the required length of the hose. Make sure to consider maximum tool movement and a minimum bend radius of 75 mm (3 inch). Also allow a bit longer hose if it is expected to be frequently disassembled-reassembled in order to be able to cut the end if damaged.
Note: A hose that is too long has a higher risk of being damaged in the machine by chips.
- Cut the hose to length with a sharp knife.
- Push in the undamaged end of the hose firmly into the bottom of the machine side fitting
How to disassemble
Hold the ring of the quick disconnect fitting very firmly towards the fitting (away from the hose) and while holding the ring, pull the hose out from the fitting. Some force may be required.
Note: Inspect the coolant kit regularly to identify any damages. In case of damages on the hose, replace it. Apply Teflon tape to any leakages in the screw fittings.
M6 banjo fitting