45° entering angle and strong inserts enable machining under demanding conditions and at long overhangs. Large parallel lands and secondary cutting edges provide effective back-cutting facility.
- Spring-loaded insert clamping system for quick and easy insert change
- Possibility to adjust the axial run-out within 5 micro for close tolerance machining
- Arbor mounting
- Axially adjustable within 5 μm (200 μin)
- Positive/negative rake geometry
- Insert geometries and grades for all materials
- Wiper insert for improved surface finish
- Roughing to semi-finishing face milling applications
- Diameter range: 100–400 mm (3.937–12.402 inch)
- Insert: ±13 μm (±520 μinch)
- Shim: ±10 μm (±400 μinch)
- Basic setting: ±5 μm (±200 μinch)
A new T-Max 45, delivered from stock, has a maximum tolerance of 5+26=31 μm (0.200+1.040=1.240 μinch).
In a cutter, in which one or more shims have been changed without carrying out a new basic setting, the maximum tolerance is 5+26+20 = 51 μm (200+1.040+800 = 2.040 μinch).
ISO application area