A range of thermal and mechanical properties makes it challenging to mill bi-metal materials. Current bi-metal milling cutters are complex and require adjusting, resulting in low feed rates. Additionally, these cutters often cause chipping on the gray cast iron (GCI) parts of products.
M610 is a stand-alone product for finishing milling of bi-metal materials (aluminum and GCI). It requires no set-up and no adjustment, and results in high feed rates with no chipping, burring or scratching on the parts.
Features and benefits
- Uses CBN inserts without the need for adjustment
- Machines bi-metal (Al + GCI) parts without burrs, scratches or chipping
- No adjustment needed
- High feed rate
- Only one spare part (insert screw)
- Bi-metal engine deck face in engine blocks with GCI liners
- Bed plates (insert in GCI)
- Other automotive bi-metal parts with inserts in GCI
Download ordering codes including spare parts
Download M610 folder