- Grooving widths 0.5 – 3.18 mm (0.020 – 0.125 inch)
- Cutting depths to 6.4 mm (0.252 inch)
- Extremely small parting widths down to 1 mm (0.035 inch) to save material
- Circlip grooves
Inserts can be indexed directly on the machine by unscrewing two turns. If insert breakage should occur, the clamping mechanism will not be affected - just index the insert and re-start the machine. CoroCut 3 inserts with front angle are also available for pip- and burr-free parting.
Grades and geometries
There is one versatile grade, GC1125, available for the CoroCut 3 system. It comes in four geometries:
- - CM for parting off in the medium feed area
- - CS for parting off in extremely low feed machining
- - GS for precision grooving at low feed
- - RS for profiling and grooving at low feed
Right and left handed tool holders, as well as Coromant Capto, QS and SL systems are available for CoroCut 3. Choose insert seat size to match holder and insert.
The clamping system is built on a strong and stable interface between holder and insert. One holder can take all different insert widths. If insert breakage occurs, the clamping mechanism is not affected. Simply index the insert and restart the machine.