Producing holes in high-resin materials, with increasing demands on delamination and splintering, can be optimized with the drill geometry design.
The CoroDrill geometries is designed to improve hole entrance and exit quality on carbon fiber materials with high fiber content.
- Excellent hole quality and surface finish
- Reduced risk for delamination and splintering
- Reduced burr formation on exit in aluminum materials (CD854)
- CoroDrill 854: Point geometry designed to prevent splintering and fraying
- CoroDrill 856: Design to reduce delamination problems
- Diamond coating (N2OC)
- Available as standard stocked items 4-12.7 mm (0.157-0.500 inch) as well as engineered solutions.
- Tailor Made options
- CFRP fiber rich materials – CoroDrill 854
- CFRP/Aluminum stacked materials – CoroDrill 854
- CFRP resin rich materials – CoroDrill 856
- Composite materials with, for example, glass layers – CoroDrill 856
- BMI – high-temperature resistant materials – CoroDrill 856
- CNC controlled machining centers
- Portable electrical or pneumatic machines