Bending stiffness and torque transmissions are the most important factors when choosing a tool holder for boring operations. For best stability and hole quality, use Coromant Capto or the Coromant EH system.
Coromant Capto coupling is the only modular tooling system designed for all metal cutting operations, including all hole making methods. The same cutting tools and adapters can be used in different applications and machines. This makes it possible to standardize one tooling system for the entire workshop. Remember the following:
- Choose the shortest possible adapter
- Choose the strongest possible adapter
- If reduction is needed, use tapered version if possible
- For long overhangs (>4 x DCON), use dampened adapters
- For long overhangs, ensure rigid clamping with flange contact to spindle if possible
The Coromant EH system delivers great tooling flexibility – Choose from an extensive variety of heads, adapters, and shanks.
- Reduced tool inventory with standardized tools, minimizing machine downtime
- For boring operations requiring long reach, such as in large machining centers in the diameter range of 1–36 mm (0.039–1.42 inch). Deep pockets are a typical application where the Coromant EH system offers the required reach without limiting process security